Friday, July 13, 2012

On the Road .....


......to happiness that is.  Today at Sisters in Stamping we are continuing our tour through this years catalog.  Our stop, is the Occasions section of the catalog (page 30 - page 57).  Doesn't matter what Occasion you have happening in your life, there is sure to be a stamp to help youout in this section. Birthday, Graduation, Sympathy, Wedding and then all the other ones that are great for any time. Plus all of the great sets that have a stamp for a variety of Occasions all in one place.

When I saw the catalog, I immediately fell in love with the Road to Happiness set and just couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  This is the first (of many) card that I made with it.  As a family, one of our favorite things to do is to pack up the car and head to the beach for the day. We aren't an amusement park kind of family but we sure LOVE the beach. We are fortunate enough to have one close enough to drive too (a bit over 2 hours) to head out often for day trips. We even stay over night on occasion which is even sweeter. So I needed to make a beach card.  I actually made it for my husband for father's day.  Of course, I needed to take it back to have it as a sample (but I promise I will keep it safe for him, lol).


This card uses four of the new 2013-2014 In Color's.  It's so fun and festive looking. I loved  using markers on the car so I could make it different colors.  I used three different markers to color it in before stamping. Then I stamped the beach supplies stamp in black and colored the items in with Stampin' Write Markers.  I can't wait to make more cards using this set, wedding, birthday, and just because cards. Of course, I'll be sure to share them with you.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more cards using the awesome sets in the Occasions section of the catalog.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps
: Road to Happiness
Ink: Summer Starfruit and Basic Black
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, and In Colors 2012-2014 Designer Series Paper stack.
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals), Big Shot, Fancy Fan Impressions Folder, Dimensionals, and Snail Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment