Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pretty Little Notecards

Hello Stamping Friends,

I hope you are planning on joining me on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon for the new catalog open house. It is a highly anticipated event every year. You won't want to miss the make n takes, the retired stamp set and accessory sale and the other special surprises that are in store for all attendees.

I'm working hard on making this a fun event for everyone and I am excited about it. That is, in between being at school everyday. I've been subbing for the past two weeks for a teacher who had a baby. With that said, I guess you can surmise that I've been super busy, and the circle under my eyes are there to prove it. Our last day of school is Friday (and yes, I will be Mrs. Yurkanin until then as well). I have been loving being in the classroom but when you're not used to the rigid schedule that goes along with getting ready for school and trying (although, mostly in vain) to keep up with my housework it sure catches up to you and fast.  Like I said, I love it and I'm grateful for the opportunity, I'm just tired is all. 

But I took a minute (okay, more than that, so you know you are special) out to share this pretty little notecard with you.  I used the awesome new ink pads. They ink up a stamp beautifully. No missing spots at all.  When I showed my sister this card, she thought I made it with My Digital Studio because of complete, solid coverage the pad allows for even on more solid image stamps. But I promise you I inked up some stamps the old fashioned way (without the aid of a computer) and stamped these images on the cardstock.


I think these cards would make a great gift set. I purposely left off words so then the card can be used for anything at all. Or if you prefer, you can add a greeting to the front of the card as well.  That's what I love about stamping, there is no right or wrong way to make a card.  It's homemade and that's what really matters.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Besty's Blossoms
Ink: Raspberry Ribble, Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock
Other: Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Snail Ahesive, and Basic Rhinestones

Thanks again for stopping by. Hope to see you Friday or Saturday for the New Catalog Open House.

No comments:

Post a Comment