Monday, June 4, 2012

Pinwheels, Anyone?

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today I'm sharing with you an adorable (in my opinion, anyway) card with you that I created using some new stamps, colors, and designer series paper.

Pinwheels are all the rage right now. And after make a couple myself, I can totally see why. They are so fun and ridicously easy to make that it really becomes addicting.  I want to make them in all sizes now. And I'm not even joking on this one. I'm completely serious.  So when you see me making them, don't be surprised because all I'm going to say to you is, "I told you so." 

To make the pinwheel you start with a square. I used a 2" square for the pinwheel on this card. Then you cut from each corner to just before the middle of the paper. You do that on each of the four corners. Then you fold in one edge of each cut and secure it down in the center. Be sure to skip a cut corner when moving on to the next.  I just finished this one off with a circle and a brad but you can also add a stick (wooden skewer or tootpick for small ones) or even a straw if you wanted a handle on your pinwheel.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ribble an Midnight Muse Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Midnight Muse and Whisper White Cardstock, and Patio Party Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Paper Snips, corner rounder, 1/16" hole punch, 1/2" circle punch, brads, snail adhesive and dimensionals

Thanks for visiting today. Come back tomorrow for even more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment