Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to All Moms

Just a quick post today to wish all you Moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day.  Yes, I know it's late but I still wanted to say it. I also wanted to share with you a few pictures of some of my favorite people and of course if you bear with me there is some stamping inspiration at the end.


This first picture is our Mother's Day picture that was in our local newspaper today. It's a long standing tradition in our area and I have had one in there on Mother's Day since Noah was born.  Well, actually since his first birthday because he was born only a few weeks before Mother's Day that year so it was too late to submit a photo. Anyway, here it is for the rest of you to see as well.  I love this picture. Looks like a cover for an album, doesn't it.  We'll need to come up with a group name. haha   My sister in law, Danielle, did our pictures and I love them.  Thank you so much Danielle.  If you need great pictures and you're local check out Oaktree Photography. (No they are not paying me or twisting my arm to say that) I love picking out outfits that all coordinate together for our pictures, every year is a different color theme.  I love the coral that was selected for this year's photo shoot.  The pictures were taken outside at a local park.


This picture is of my Mom, Rose taken just weeks before she unexpectedly passed away.  I miss her so much. She left this earth way too early at the ripe young age of 40 years old. Just wanted to wish her a Happy Mother's Day in heaven. I know I will see her again someday and I look forward to it. She missed so many things in my life and my sister's life (since we were only 20 and 17 at the time) but we are confident that she knows we are okay and we know that she is proud of the women we have become. We just wish she was able to be here and share it all with us, especially her grandsons.  We know she would have LOVED them so much. Children were her life. She was a Child Day Care Provider for many years and a Foster Mom to many, many children.  She's the reason we have Brittney as our daughter today.  Brittney came into our family as a foster child. We loved her so much that when she went home we arranged privately with her Mom to still have contact. When Brittney was 7 years old, Don and I became her legal guardians and the rest is history. She is our daughter. I'm sure Mom is looking down smiling.


And now a little stamping inspiration.  This card was made for my demonstrator swap this month.  I used whisper white for the base and then I embossed polka dots with the big shot on the next layer of white cardstock.  The flower is made using the circle die (the one with multiple circles ) and the big shot and the flirtatious designer fabric. There are 4 layers of circles to make the flower. I then used the 2011-2013 In Color Brads to hold all the circles together.  See the leaves poking out?  That's the blossom punch from the Occasions Mini (and yes, the punch is still available if you missed out on getting it).

SUPPLIES USES:
Stamp sets: Delightful Dozen
Ink: Basic Grey
Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Other: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, circles die, 2011-2013 In Color Brads, Flirtatious Designer Fabric, Snail Adhesive, Blossom punch, Crop a dile (which btw, you will want to get before it's gone)


No comments:

Post a Comment