Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Ready for Father's Day

Hello Stamping Friends,

I know I have been a little absent this week. Hope you can forgive me, I've been subbing at the school all week.  And all the end of the year school activities after school. It's been so hectic at night that I haven't had much time to get anything else done outside of getting ready for the classes I had this week. And even that was squeezing it in.

It's Fabulous Friday and you know what that means. It means some stamping inspiration not only from me but also from my friends at Sisters In Stamping.  We decided to get a little head start on Father's Day this year and share some ideas with you early so you have plenty of time to recreate them.


This card was made quite awhile ago. Actually I think it was a card that I made for a stamp a stash last year but again, no time to make a new one and I went back and saw that I didn't actually share it here on the blog so it's new that way. {grin} It uses the Best Dad Ever stamp set.  I love the ties (it screams Father's Day to me, although there are a few other greetings in the set)

I wanted the ties to be all different colors so I used Stampin' Write Markers.  After it was stamped the focal point piece of cardstock still needed something more so I added some doodling around the edges to bring it all together.  I finished the ties off with silver brads because all good ties have a tie clip.  And of course, (and this should go without saying by now) the focal point is on the base using dimensionals.

Okay, gotta run and get ready for school.  TGIF!!!!!  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more Father's Day stamping inspiration.

Stamping Supplies:
Cardstock: Naturals Whtie, Night of Navy
Ink: Old Olive
Other Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Garden Green, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Old Olive, & Night of Navy), 1/16" hole punch, silver brads, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment