Friday, April 27, 2012

Sometimes It's Hard to Say Goodbye

Don't you feel that way sometimes?  Some things are easier to let go of than others and when it comes to my Stampin' Up! supplies it's no different.  When I saw the retiring stamp list a few weeks ago, I was happy to see some sets go and then very sad to see some other sets go.  Guess it's the human nature way, although it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on retiring stamp sets.  I picked a card that I made for my Stamp a Stash class last night (everyone in attendance got to make four of these cards and changed the greetings to their needs).


I used the You're my Type set from the Occasions Mini as my primary focus for this card.  But just behind my typewrite is a stamp called A to Z, which is a great mini background stamp and it's also retiring. It's so fun for so many different things.  Great for kids cards and it was just screaming to be used on this card too. (Or I thought it was screaming to me, lol)

This was a pretty easy card to make multiples of.  There's a lot of layers, yes, but nothing on this card is difficult to duplicate over and over. 

In my humble little opinion, I like how the stamped alphabet background and the First Edition (typed paper) look like it was paper that came out of the typewriter and it's being thrown in the background.  (I know, I really amuse myself).

Don't forget to check out the retiring stamp list and the retiring accessory list.  Remember the accessories are on a first come, first serve, once they're gone, they're gone basis.  So you won't want to wait if you just NEED to have something that is on there.

Want to see more great ideas using retiring stamp sets?  Be sure to head on over to Sisters in Stamping for more ideas.

SUPPLIES USED:
Stamps: You're My Type and A to Z
Cardstock: Basic Gray and Very Vanilla
Ink: Classic Basic Gray
Other: Big Shot, Stripes Embossing folder, First Edition Designer Series paper, adhesive and dimensionals

Have a wonderful day and come back soon for more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment