Friday, April 13, 2012

Let's Get Ahead of the Game with Mother's Day

Before you know it Mother's Day will be here. I know it's only April 13 but we all know how fast time flies by these days, so today at Sisters in Stamping we are getting a jump start on creating Mother's Day projects.

I know most everyone, myself included, are limited on free time. (You know, the time to do whatever you want, when you want.) So I created a really quick card for Mother's day using the awesome Blossom Builders from the Occasions mini catalog. 

(My post is even late today because I didn't have time to get that done due to being called to sub 1/2 day today)  So, yes, even my time is limited.


What do you think?  Isn't it a gorgeous card?  Seriously, it only took me about 10  minutes from start to finish to make this beauty.  It's so fun to layer these flowers, you can seriously come up with dozens of different flower combinations.  The kit is awesome for new card makers and a God send for card makers that have been doing it for years but ran out of time and they really need a quick card before they run out the door.

I used the Summer Smooches designer Series paper for the layer between the two white layers. The top white layer is ran through the big shot and embossed with the perfect polka dots embossing folders (my absolute favorite, gotta love my polka dots)

Then I used the pear pizzazz seam binding (I know the flowers in the kit are Lucky Limeade but I felt the pear was a good match) to do a little ruffling   (made me think of the song, Everyday I'm Sufflin', lol  instead for me it's everyday I'm rufflin'. Yes I know my brain is crazy, lol)


Guess what I did to put my flowers together?  You got it, I used a dimensional between EVERY layer. That's right, EVERY SINGLE LAYER.  The flowers look so great when they are popped up.  See those pink rhinestones?  They even come in the Blossom Builders kit. A-W-E-S-O-M-E, right?????  And get this, so does that cute little banner with the Happy Mother's Day (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) greeting.  Yes, it is cut with the little "v" too.  Come on, tell me you don't want this kit now. I knew it, you simply can't do that. : )
Hope you absolutely love this card for all of it's gorgeousness as well as it's simplicity.  Don't foget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more great Mother's Day projects.

I crossing my fingers that this card inspired you enough to go and create one or two or three of your own beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment