Friday, April 6, 2012

Let's All Fly a Kite

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday at Sisters in Stamping.  This week we are sharing projects with a Spring theme with all of you.  I decided on a card using kites. Why kites, you ask?  Well I know that I often would buy my kids kites for their Easter Baskets, so in my head they are definitely a Spring thing.  Didn't buy any this year because we have some goods ones we bought a couple of years ago so no need to get them more.  However, Noah bought one for his girlfriend last week because she never had one growing up. So I guess the Yurkanin tradition of buying kites in the Spring continues.


This card was made for a birthday class I held.  This was the card for a little boy's birthday.  The stamp set is from the Occasions Mini Catalog (Send Me Soaring, p37).  I think the kites in the set would also be great just to make a card with an argyle type look.

The clouds also come in that set. It isn't designer series paper like you might have been thinking.  I love the little clouds.  I also used the Big Top Birthday designer series paper for the bottom of the card.

The card base is tempting turquoise with a daffodil delight layer before the top layer of whisper white and the designer series paper. Even the greeting comes in the set, so I didn't need to go look anywhere else.
Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more Spring themed ideas. Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have been inspired to go and create your own Spring projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment