Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello Mickey!

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are turning our focus onto Scrapbook pages.  So get ready to be inspired by some great pages. Of course, you will only see my page here so head over to Sisters in Stamping to see what Jacque, Debbie, and Karla are ready to share with you.

This page was one that I had to whip together 8 of in less than a half hour.  Yes, the ultimate procrastinator that I am waited until the absolute last minute to do a swap for my team meeting this month. Go figure. I really do work well under pressure but really, I think I need to stop doing that. I'm sure it's not the best thing for my blood pressure, lol.


So for this page, I need something that was quick, fun, and super easy to complete.  I had the idea in my head for a while (since I saw the Summer Smooches paper) so now I just needed to get it all worked out onto paper.  It was such a great page to make with those requirements.  I started with a 6x6 piece of whisper white cardstock and then layerd some textured real red on top of that.  Mickey himself was a snap to put together. Two punches and that was it.  I used the 1 3/4" circle punch for his head and the 1" circle punch for his ears. Easy peasy, right?

Isn't this little Mickey head adorable. You can easily add a little bow to the one ear and make Mickey into Minnie. Also, it would be very easy to make this page bigger to fit more pictures (8 1/2x 11 or 12x12 depending on your needs).  Now I just need to dig through the old pictures and find one from Disney to complete this work of art. 

So you want to know, How easy is it really?  I made all 8 pages in about 20 minutes. So it really is easy.  And who doesn't love Mickey and have a perfect picture to attach to this cute page?

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more scrapbook inspiration.

SUPPLIES USED:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Punches: 1 3/4" circle, 1" circle
Other: Snail Adhesive and Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (available only through April 30 and then it will be back June 1st)

No comments:

Post a Comment