Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you (even if you're not Irish)!  I am an Irish girl and my husband is also Irish, so in this house we have to have some Irish food on St. Patty's Day.  We are having our annual Ham & Cabbage Dinner with a Minty Chocolate Brownie treat for dessert.  My oldest son said the filling for the dessert tastes just like a Shamrock shake.  I can't wait to try the whole thing together.  Yum, yum!

We are headed up to Don's brother's house to have our Irish dinner together. They have been coming here to our house for the past few years, but Don's brother wants him to help put in a car stereo so off we go with our big pot of ham and cabbage in tow.

Anyway, I thought I would share with you a little St. Patty's love with all of you today.  This card uses the Sprinkled Expressions (Sale-a-bration set) heart to make a four leaf clover.  I used Wild Wasabi to stamp the heart. The greeting is a single stamp that  is found in the Occasions Mini Catalog. It was stamped in Night of Navy and colored in with a Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Marker.


The stem of the shamrock was also made using the Stampin' Write marker. Just use the side of the brush tip to make it. It's really not that bad. I know you're thinking I can't do that, but really you can. I have faith in you, now you should have faith too. 

I used the designer label punch to punch out the greeting and then punched a second one from wild wasabi cardstock to back it.  However, being that they were the same size, you have to cut it in half (lengthwise) and attach it to the top and bottom to see it.

Hope you have a wonderful St. Patty's Day!  And that this card inspired you to go create!
 .

1 comment:

  1. GREAT idea for this stamp set!

    By the way, I have given you a blog award... please stop by mine to pick it up:

    http://unfrogettablestamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/03/i-received-a-blog-award-thanks-michelle.html

    Thanks for inspiring me!!

    Debbie Naylor
    Unfrogettable Stamping

    ReplyDelete