Friday, March 16, 2012

Fun Idea Using Designer Series Paper

Hello and welcome to another Fabulous Friday posting. This week at Sisters in Stamping we are showcasing the fabulous Designer Series Papers.  There are so many great things you can do with the paper and we are only going to touch the surface.  I personally love it for 2 reasons: one, I look like a great color coordinator thanks to the paper and two, it adds so much to a finished card, scrapbook or any other project with minimal effort.  What more can a stamper ask for?


This is a card I did for a Birthday stamp a stack. We made boy birthday cards, girl birthday cards, guys birthday cards, and then this one was the card for ladies.  The card uses the set, Not So Seriously.  The lady in the set is perfect for some paper piecing (which is what I did to this card). You can have so many great looking dresses with very little effort just by stamping on different pieces of Designer Series Paper.

I first stamped the woman and the presents on the very vanilla piece of cardstock using Basic Black ink.  I then stamped her on a piece of the Poppy red paper from the Everyday Enchantment Sale-a-bration Designer Series Paper.  Then I stamped the gift bags on two other pieces of Designer Series Paper from that pack. Cut out the dress from the red and cut the bags (minus the handles) from the other two. I also cut the tissue paper off of each bag so I could switch them to make the bags different from the tissue paper.

Then I just attached the pieces to the very vanilla cardstock using snail adhesive.  I used Stampin' write markers to color in her hair, skin, earrings, lips and shoes.  I love paper piecing because it gives you so many opportunities with almost no thought process at all. The thinking has been all done for you.  Gotta love that.

I also used the french script background, En Francais, on the pool party layer of the card to add just a little something. I guess I you could say I created my own designer paper. 

Of course, this card wasn't finished until there was a little bling on it, so I used the cherry cobbler dazzling details to add some sparkle to the polka dots on her dress.

Hope you like this card and it inspired you to try some paper piecing or just to go create something or your own.  Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more great ideas using Designer Series Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment