Saturday, February 11, 2012

Simply Elegant

It seems to be the most requested card type after Birthday's for my classes are Sympathy cards. I must admit, I really don't like them. Yes, the cards are usually pretty but I don't like the reasoning behind needing them.  I guess most of us don't "like" giving them either but they are certainly a necessary card and are truly appreciated when received.



As you can probably tell by looking at some of my most recent posts, I'm really liking the neutral on neutral (white on white, vanilla on vanilla) look. It's so clean and simple.  This card is no different. I used very vanilla cardstock for the base and then topped it with a layer that is 1/4" smaller. I then used a piece of the twitterpated designer paper.  The flower is from the mixed bunch stamp set. I love this set because I love to cut out flowers but with this one I don't need to. There is a coordinating punch!!!!  How awesome is that? And what's even better yet is that you can find all the supplies in the Occasions Mini Catalog.

I finished the flower off with one of the jelly bean brads.  The flower is attached using dimensionals.  See I can get them on any card.  I used the With Sympathy greeting from the Loving Thoughts set also in the Occasions mini catalog.

Thanks for stopping by again.  Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment