Friday, February 17, 2012

Lovin' the Big Shot

You are all well aware that I love the Big Shot.  I use it in almost every project any more and simply can't imagine life without it. So needless to say, I was more than happy to do this week's Sister in Stamping project, using any new Big Shot item from the Occasions Mini Catalog.


I used the awesome new labels framelits.  It's great you can stamp first, center the framelit over your stamped image and then run it through the big shot. No need for trying to "eyeball" it any more.  I used te Up in the Air set with is a hostess exclusive item from the Occasions mini. I really love how this card turned out.

The base of the card is crumb cake with another crumb cake layer on top of that (it's kind of hard to see in the picture).  I then ran a piece of pool party cardstock through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper folder. I distressed that layer with by rubbing the crumb cake classic ink pad over the embossed parts.

I inked the birdhouse stamp using Stampin' Write markers; basic gray, pool party and chocolate chip.  I colored the leaves and the flowers using certainly celery and so saffron markers.  I actually only outlined the images using the brush tip.  There is still some vanilla spots showing through.


I distressed the edges of the label with the crumb cake pad (direct to paper).  I used the pool party seam binding across the middle of the card and used two pieces tied in a knot for the hanging part right next to the label.

I hope you like this card. Check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using more big shot items from the Occasions Mini catalog.


No comments:

Post a Comment