Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just a Little Note

I love making cards but I also love making other things using all my Stampin' Up! products. I love the versatility all the products give me to do just that.  I mean really, who wouldn't love to receive this cute little notepad? They make great gifts for friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and the list goes on and on. They are so great because you can personalize them to fit each individual on your list.


I started by using half of a junior legal pad.  I used a piece of the twitterpated designer series paper to cover the top of the notepad. Be sure to use sticky strip on the paper so it doesn't pop from the paper. You wouldn't want your gift to fall apart, would you?  I then used the Bordering on Romance stamp set to decorate the rest of the tablet. The large flower bunch stamp was stamped in Basic Gray ink. I then used stampin' write marker to color the flowers.  I used certainly celery and lucky limeade for the leaves and pink pirourette, pretty in pink, and regal rose for the flowers. I cut the flowers out and attached them to the top of the tablet with dimensionals.  I added a butterfly brad from the Sale-a-bration Everyday Enchantment ribbon and brad bundle.

I stamped each page of the tablet with the flower strip stamp from the set in regal rose. Okay, you may be thinking I'm crazy but really it goes so quickly and besides the pages are just way too boring without it.  I even added a piece of magnet to the back of the tablet so it can hang on the fridge and ready for you whenever you need to make a note.

Just think, it's only Febraury so if you start now you can have so many hand crafted gifts come Christmas time. I love how I think ahead but don't worry, I probably won't act on those positive thoughts until it's too late and I'm rushing to get my Christmas gifts done in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment