Friday, January 27, 2012

Gettin' Ready for Valentine's

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are showing you some Valentine treat ideas.  Valentine's Day is only a little over 2 weeks away so it is time to start thinking of what you want to make for your special
Sweetheart(s).Chocolate always comes to my mind for Valentine's day (of course, it comes to mind anytime I want it too, lol)

This week I used a small mason jar as the starting point for my special treat.  It is filled with red, pink & white peanut M&M's. I then cut a circle (small cereal bowl size, yes, I put the bowl on the fabric and cut away) from the one design of the twitterpated fabric found in the Occasions Mini Catalog using pinking shears.  I placed the metal flat lid on top of the jar then the fabric and then put the metal collar over the fabric to close the treat.


I cut four little hearts using the framelits dies and 2 hearts from batting. I sewed the hearts together (fabric, batting, fabric) and then sewed them onto a piece of white grosgrain ribbon.

To finish off the treat, I used the cherry cobbler dazzling details  to outline the hearts and add some polka dots  to the lid of the jar. I also added one dot to the ribbon that hearts are "hanging" from to look like a brad that is holding it on.


Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more Valentine treats ideas. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment