Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Treat

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday.  I'm so thankful that you come back and check my blog often and for the support you give me throughout the year.

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing Thanksgiving gift ideas.  These ideas can be used for table favors, placecards, or a little gift to give to the hostess of your Thanksgiving dinner. 

I used the matchbox die to make a favor box that would be stunning on any Thanksgiving dinner table.  If you wanted to you can replace the Happy Thanksgiving greeting with a name and it can easily double as your favor and your placecard for the table.  I love when things can do double duty, don't you?

I used the great Gently Falling stamp set for the focal images on my treat box.  They are stamped in riding hood red, always artichoke and pumpkin pie. (Two of those colors are foods that you can have on your Thanksgiving dinner, lol)  I also embossed some small pieces of sahara sand cardstock with the vintage wallpaper folder to stick on the top and the sides of my box slider.  Just wanted some texture on the box.  But if I embossed the whole slider piece I would loose my score lines that were done while I cut with the big shot.


Here's the another view of the box. I used cherry cobbler seam binding for some added dimension.  I love how easy that stuff is to work with.  The leaves are attached with dimensionals (you knew that already, right?) and the greeting tag is as well.  You can fill this box with any treat you would like. I course have mine filled with chocolate.  This box will hold 2 miniatures, or 4 nuggets.  If you use nuggets, remember to stamp some labels for them using the It's a Wrap Holiday stamp set.  The thanksgiving one works great with the leaves.

Be sure to head on over to Sisters in Stamping for even more great ideas for your Thanksgiving table.

No comments:

Post a Comment