Friday, October 21, 2011

Time to be Thankful

It's that time of year when we all need to stop and give thanks for all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives. Here in America we are blessed beyond belief and should not take any of that for granted.  Even though times are harder now than they were several years ago, we still have a lot more than many other countries.

So in honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving season at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing our efforts on Thanksgiving cards today. I did very little stamping but a whole lot of big shotting (is that a word?) on my card this week.  I really like the way it turned out too. Guess that's a good thing. (LOL)


I used 5 different texture impressions embossing folders (stripes, frame, houndstooth, dots, and lattice), one bigz die and 2 different sizzlet dies (leaves and pumpkin) to make this beauty.  I simply can't help myself with the embossing folders. I feel the need to texturize every piece that I cut with the big shot.  To me, it just finishes it off nicely and brings the whole thing more to life.

The base layer of my card is vanilla and than I cut the next layer from vanilla as well and that's what is embossed with the frame.  Only one lonely little stamp on this card and that is the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  Love that set, it has everything in it.  When I need a particular saying and can't find it in any other set, I know it will be in that set.


Here's a close up of the corner with all the layers of leaves and pumpkins.  Wanted you to see the beauty of texturizing up close.  Now imagine it without the texture.  Not quite the same "wow factor," huh?

Hope you have been inspired to make your own Thanksgiving cards.  I think a smaller version of this would also be nice as placecards at your Thanksgiving dinner table.  Why don't you give it a try?

Remember to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see the other cards created by the rest of the "sisters."

No comments:

Post a Comment