Friday, September 23, 2011

Time for Trick & Treats

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are showing you some great Halloween Cards.  Just in time to start getting your cards ready to send to your favorite little ghosts and goblins.

I sharing with you a card that I made for my September downline meeting swap.  I love when one card can do double duty. Who doesn't love a good two for one kind of deal?  LOL

Anyway, enough silly talk. On to what you came for.....the card.


I really like how this card turned out.  Come on, I don't say that about everything. Aren't there some things that you make that you absolutely love and then others where you say, "Well, it turned out okay?"  I used the new Festive & Fun set from the Holiday Mini.  Great set, covers all you need from Halloween to Christmas to Valentine.  I love the versatile sets that let me use them for a long time.

I used the Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper (DSP) for my color inspiration. I love how easy my job becomes when I use DSP.  The base of the card is basic black and the next layer is cajun craze (a very under used color in my collection).  Of course, then I used the DSP.  I love my polka dots and stripes.  I also used a small piece of old olive cardstock.  My favorite part of this card is the pizzazz the Silver Glimmer paper adds to the overall finished look.

Yes, I colored.  Can you believe it?  Those of you who know me well, know I HATE to color.  I didn't mind this because I used markers and the images are kind of small so it goes quickly.  I used Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, and Old Olive markers. 

I finished the whole image off with some Dazzling Details. If you don't like glitter because of the mess, you will love Dazzling Details.  You get the sparkle without any mess at all.  I put it on the candy corn, pumpkin and the 2 snakes (or the A,O and the 2 E's)  lol

Oh, and I almost forgot.  I attached the main image (which is the greeting as well) with dimensionals.  You thought I forgot them, didn't you?

Hope you like it and it inspires you for your own Halloween Cards.  Need more inspiration, head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog.

Don't forget to leave a comment on the Sisters in Stamping blog for a chance to earn some blog candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment