Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall is Upon Us

And this week at Sisters in Stamping we are showing you some great Fall projects to keep you stamping when it's just a little too chilly outside.

I decided to share with all of you a little box that I have made at the past few workshops and clubs that I have done.  All my attendees loved it, so I figured why not share it with you too.  I used the Gently Falling stamp set (that I earned for FREE by the way, ask me how) and one of the kraft gift boxes also from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I'm tellin' you, I REALLY love this mini.  So many great things in it. If you still don't have your copy, what are you waiting for?  Contact me ASAP and I'll get you one. You won't want to miss out on this one.


For the leaves on the box I used the colors from the Spice Cake Suite (also in the Holiday mini, told you there were a lot of great things). To get the mulit-colored leaves I used the baby wipe technique which uses reinkers on a baby wipe to make an ink pad.  Then I stamped the outline image in Soft Suede to really define the leaves. Host your own party and you and your friends can try out this technique.



I also used the great Lace Ribbon Boarder punch to accent the tag.  The phrase comes from the hostess set, Perfect Words.  The leaves are all attached to the tag using dimensionals (one day I think I will challenge myself to make something and (gasp) NOT use dimensionals, lol)


For the side of the box I used the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper and a torn strip of the matching Spice Cake fabric fat quarters.  I love how this little box turned out.  It would be great to package any gift inside or I think putting a gift card in would be a nice way to give it.  I know gift cards are great but they are not that fun because you don't have anything to open, well put that card in this little box and the recipent will get the fun of opening a gift and the pleasure of shopping for whatever he/she wants.  The best of both worlds, huh?

Change the theme to Christmas and you will have another adorable package. (Or so I think..... wink, wink)
Don't forget to visit the Sisters in Stamping blog to see what the other sisters created this week.  Also, check out who won the blog candy.

1 comment: