Friday, August 12, 2011

It's all about the Elements....

We always worry about the elements.  Usually it's the outside elements, rain, snow, ice, sleet, sun, clouds, etc. But today at Sisters in Stamping we are worrying about the Elements inside the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.  We are continuing our tour through the catalog and this week's stop is the Elements section.  There are a ton of great stamps in this section that you can use to put a finishing touch on a card or to use alone as the main image on your project.

I  used the Delicate Doilies set and the Hello, Doily (not Dolly, which I keep wanting to say) background stamp.


Above is the finished card.  Lots of lace, ribbon, texture, and doilies going on here.  I'm really happy with this finished card.  It's been up in my brain for a couple of weeks now and I must admit it came together easier than I thought it would. Plus, I love the finished look. (That's always a bonus.)



This picture shows you what's inside the envelope.  Isn't that cute?  Sending a kiss, to make it better. And a big pair of rosey lips to do the trick.  The lips are stamped in regal rose classic ink.  The little piece of lace ribbon is attached to the card using a staple.


Here's the card without the insert (just another look for you).  I used chocolate chip, soft suede, and crumb cake inks on crumb cake cardstock.  I also used the tulip frame impressions folder on the chocolate chip cardstock and the perfect polka dots impressions folder on the envelope.  The large Hello, Doily stamp is stamped with whisper white craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see which Elements the other sisters used.

No comments:

Post a Comment