Friday, July 29, 2011

There is Always New Growth

And because of that, this week at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on the Growing Up section of the catalog.  We are always surrounded by people that are growing, babies, toddlers, young children, tweens, teens, young adults and then adults.  I'm sure you can all relate somehow.

The Growing Up section of the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog is filled with stamps that will cover you in all of these sections. Yes even the big boy toys are covered with the Need for Speed stamp set. 

I had a tough time deciding which set to work with because they are all pretty great (No, of course, I don't have them all. Yet anyway. lol)  But alas, I decided to work with a set that I received for FREE at Convention, Best Friends Forever. I'm pretty sure we all have a BFF or know some teen girl that certainly has a BFF that could use this card.


I like the look of this set and can see so many uses for it besides making BFF cards.  I used the new Petite Pennants Builder punch to make the banner on the card.  (Have I told you how much I love this new punch?  It's going to be getting a lot of use.)

The colors are Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, & Old Olive. The base of the card is whisper white.  I am loving the clean look of whisper white as the base. I stamped and cut out the hearts from the set and attached them to the bottom of the pennants to make them look like exclamation points, because afterall, a BFF certainly is a strong point to be made.

Then I stamped each letter individually (so I can punch them out) on whisper white cardstock. I used the Stmapin' Write Markers to make this task much easier.  I also used the markers to "doodle" around the edges of the white pennants to bring it all together.  I then added a rhinestone to each of the letters.  All BFF's love bling, don't they?


I strung the pennants together using the natural hemp.  I then used the fun, new 1/2" scallop dots ribbon (love my polka dots) to tie around the twine at each end of the banner as well as in between the pennants.  I can promise you that you will be seeing lots of this awesome ribbon in the next year.

Hope you enjoy the card and it brings new inspiration to you.  Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more Growing Up ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment