Friday, May 6, 2011

Fab Friday & Teacher Appreciation all Wrapped Up in One

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday posting.  Over at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on our favorite set from the Summer Mini Catalog.  BTW, that wasn't an easy thing to do. Picking just one stamp when there are so many great ones in there. 

But I did it. I picked just one (and the coordinating wheels, of course).  I love the set, Recess.  It's such a fun kids set. Besides who doesn't love recess?  You get to play hopscotch, slide, swimg, jump rope and just have some good 'ole fashioned fun.  I think I like it so much too because I can see using it when I go in to work with Jonah's class (or someday when I have my own classroom).  I guess I can get creative and use it when I sub too.

For today's project I paired the set with some fun bright colors to make a cheery notepad holder that any teacher can certainly put to use for one reason or another.  The case of the holder is one of our clear stamp cases. And yes, you can buy them.  They are in the big catalog for $4.95 for 4 empty cases.  Anyway, back to the project. I used melon mambo and pumpkin pie Designer Series paper from the Brights stack.  For the stamped image I threw in a little Pacific Point cardstock for even more color.


 The center strip is wheeled using the Elementary Alphabet, For Teacher, & School Colors wheels.  I created a ink cartridge in the coordingating colors, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, & Pacific Point.  It creates a fun little accent for this project and would work great on cards too.

Here's a picture of the open case with the junior legal pad inside. I must tell you that you do need to get the tablets cut down about 3/4" - 1" so they fit nicely inside.  They are just a bit too long to fit otherwise.  Notice the inside of the case looks decorated.  Well that's because Stampin' Up!'s Designer paper is double sided which makes decorating the outside and inside very easy to do.   When you finish putting your "wrap" together you just slip it between the case and the clear plastic cover. Easy as that.

Now I know I mentioned that Fab Friday and Teacher Appreciation are all wrapped up in one and you are saying, "How?" right?  Well I made one for Jonah's teacher and he was very excited to take it to her today. Hope she enjoys it.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see which sets are the other sisters favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment