Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm a Proud Peacock!

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are giving you a sneak peek at the Summer Mini Catalog that begins in just a mere 2 days.  I'm so excited about this mini catalog.  Okay, so I say that all the time but I honestly love many of the products in this mini.  They are fun and cheerful.  They scream Summer to me.  Something that I am more than ready for after the neverending Winter we had here in NEPA.

When I saw the Proud Peacock set, I just couldn't wait to get it.  It made me immediately think of my Pa-pa.  He's been gone about 25 years now but I loved my Pa-pa (I was only 12 when he passed away).  He wasn't a fancy man.  He wasn't rich, but he made me feel loved every time I saw him.  He was fun to be around and I remember him smiling often. He had some very memorable decor pieces in his apartment.  Or at least they were memorable to me.  I remember the ceramic bull on the coffee table and then there were the peacocks.  There they stood in their green and blue glory.  I decided to brighten my peacock up a bit but it still makes me smile while remembering my Pa-pa.


Isn't it a fun card?  I love it.  I picked my colors straight from the Playful Polka Dot Simply Scrappin' Kit in the Summer Mini Catalog.  It so fun, festive, bright, and cheerful.  If I were to receive this in the mail, I would certainly smile. 

Don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more peeks from the Summer Mini Catalog.

Products Used:
Proud Peacock
Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, & Old Olive
Classic Ink: Old Olive, Rose Red
Stampin' Write Markers: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie & Daffodil Delight
Big Shot
Perfect Polka Dots Impression Folder
Dimensionals
Eyelet Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment