Friday, April 8, 2011

Bring it On

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on the great Birthday set in the Occasions mini catalog (which runs through the end of April, in case you were wondering) called Bring on the Cake.  It's a great word set with a few images in it as well.

The card I created was a very quick and simple card to make.  You can easily make a bunch of these in no time flat.


I used very vanilla, rose red, and pumpkin pie cardstock.  I used the Sweet and Sour Specialty Designer Series Paper for a fun, festive look to the card.  Besides, you all know I love polka dots.  I'll add them to everything if I could.

I stamped the birthday cake image in basic black and watercolored the image using Rose red and Pumpkin pie classic pads with an aqua painter.  To finish the card off, I added some bling to the bottom right hand corner as well as the bottom of the cake plate. Oh, one last thing, the main image is attached to the card using dimensionals.  You didn't think I would forget them, did you?

Okay, gotta run, got a call to go sub this morning and I told them I'd be there real soon.  Just had to post this quickly before I left.  Have a great day and an even better weekend.

Remember to head over to Sisters in Stamping for even more ideas using this great set.


No comments:

Post a Comment