Friday, March 25, 2011

All about Shimmer

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing this last week in March on Shimmer Paint. Hope you have enjoyed all the techniques that were covered this past month.  It was fun to use some products that I haven't used in awhile.  Plus it forced me to be creative with some things that I don't normally use (i.e. things that may not be my favorites).

Here is my card.  I used the shimmer paint, frost white, on a dauber and applied it directly to the inked stamp.  You can see that I used it only on the outside of the medallion and not on the inside circle.  That is just solid ink in Rich Razzleberry.  So first, I inked the stamp in Rich Razzleberry ink.  Then I took a sponge dauber and dipped it in the Frost White shimmer paint.  And finally, I just tapped the dauber all over the area that I wanted to have shimmer on it.


The picture below shows a close-up of the tulip frame embossed very vanilla cardstock.  I used the sponge dauber (after I used it on the inked stamp) to lightly brush on some color and shimmer.


And this final picture is a close up of the medallion that I applied shimmer too.  See how pretty it is. Here you can see the difference between the shimmered part and the non-shimmered part better too.


I loved making this card.  It was a bit different but I think the finished project is just stunning.  Of course, it's just so much better in real life.  For even more ideas using Shimmer paint, check out the Sisters in Stamping blog.

Don't forget Sale-a-bration is ending next Thursday, March 31.  Contact me today to place your Sale-a-bration order so you can receive at least one of the Sale-a-brations items for FREE.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment