Friday, February 11, 2011

All about Fabric

It's another Fabulous Friday at Sisters in Stamping.  This week we are focusing on one of Stampin' Up!'s newest lines, fabric.  We were to use the fabric anyway we wanted, sounds easy until you get too many ideas going in your head and then you need to pick just one and get that idea to work with the fabric.

So guess what I did.........


I made a purse.  It's different than all the other rag bags that are out there.  It doesn't use the scallop square die that it usually used.  I used the XL pennant die to make this purse.  I used the large pennant from the die.  I used the stitched pattern and the button pattern fabrics from the Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  There is one other design in the pack, it's orange with little girls on it.


Here's a close up of the purse.  See the pennant pattern.  The inside of the purse is all the button fabric.  I wanted to break up the stitching pattern so I added the flap of the purse as the button fabri as well.  I sewed a button on the front of the flap.  I will finish it off (after I go to the store) with a snap closure.  It's a cute little purse for any girl, young or teenage.  I have to tell you I used a retired ribbon for the handle but you can easily substitute a current ribbon.  I just though it was fun to add that particular ribbon because it also had stitching on it to coordinate with the pattern.  Hope you like it.

Don't forget to hope over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see what the other sisters have created this week using Stampin' Up!'s exclusive fabrics.

Gotta run, getting ready for my Sale-a-bration Open House, which is tomorrow.  Stop by between 2 and 5pm if you'd like.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment