Friday, December 31, 2010

What's Coming????

Today at Sisters in Stamping we decided to make this week optional because of the holiday. So even though all of us were unable to participate you will want to head over there to see what else there is.  We are giving a sneak peak as to what's to come January 4 with the new Occasions Mini Catalog. 


Here's the card I made using the new letterpress plate.  Isn't it cute, reminds me of x's and o's.  I used crumb cake cardstock as the base and for the piece I ran through the big shot with the letterpress plate.  I also used the fabulous new glitter paper to punch from the full heart punch.  Of course that's attached with some dimensionals.  I used the heart from the bitty punches to punch a white heart and then I used one of the clear itty bitty buttons with some linen thread to cover the white heart.

Remember to use craft ink when you are working with the letterpress plates.  It really works the best.
I wanted to show you where I got the idea from for this card.  I actually have been wanting to recreate the below card but for Valentine's Day since I made it earlier in December.


I made this card at a demonstrator friend's (Hi, Dawn) Christmas Party/Shoebox Swap in New Jersey.  Linda M. designed this card for all of us to make that night.  I loved it instantly and said it would be great as a Valentine card. So I decided today there was no better time than the present to make it and share it with all of you.


Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for some other sneak peaks.
Here's to wishing you a very healthy, happy, prosperous New Year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment