Friday, October 8, 2010

Trick or Treat, Gimme Something Good to Eat

Today at Sisters in Stamping we were challenged to make a Halloween treat container.  I have seen these treat holders around and have been meaning to try them out but of course, didn't get a chance so I thought today would be the perfect day to make them.

This treat holder uses the Two Tags die for the big sot. It is not the tag I used to make my glittery butterfly bag tags but the wider one on the die.  I first embossed the die with the spider web embossing folder.  You want to emboss first because if you cut first and then emboss the embossing "hides" your crease lines.  So emboss first and then cut.  I like using the white craft pad over the spider web to make it stand out a little more and make it a little whispy looking.  To make this holder, you need to cut 2 tags out.  You then attach the two bottom halves together using adhesive.  The treat goes in the center and then you pull up the front and back and tie them together with some ribbon.


On the front of the treats I used the spider from Batty for you.  I love this little set even though it's been around for awhile.  I really don't like the spooky Halloween stuff so this cutesy set is perfect for me.  As you can see I made it in three different colors, concord crush, pumpkin pie, and garden green.  Perfect colors for your Halloween gathering.  Certainly adds some pizzazz unlike doing just all the same color.  The spider is stamped in black on whisper white cardstock and punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then layered on a black scallop punch.  I then used the white gel pen to dot the scallops.  That was attached using dimensionals.  And I added some "google" eyes to make them even more fun.


Here is a side view. I used the small cello bags to put some candy corn in.  I folded the bag down (don't want your candy falling out) and stapled it to the back side of the treat holder.  These are very easy to make and come together pretty quickly.  Imagine the possibilities with these: wedding shower, wedding, baby shower, birthday favor, dinner party place cards.  The list can go on and on.  Change the colors, stamps and theme and you are ready for any occasion.  Have fun making these little beauties.

Remember to go over to the Sisters in Stamping for even more Halloween treat container ideas.  Next Friday, we will be using Halloween sets, so come back for even more Halloween ideas.

Tomorrow there will be more glittery projects for you just like I promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment