Friday, March 12, 2010

A Vintage Fabulous Friday


I simply can not believe how fast time flies by anymore. It's been a pretty interesting, hectic week here in the Yurkanin household so honestly I'm glad this week is almost behind me. Brittney had surgery and my Dad is back in the hospital for the same thing he was there in September for. I also take my final Praxis exam tomorrow morning which completes all that I need to do to be a certified teacher. Can you tell it's been one of those Calgon take me away kind of weeks. Understand?
Over at Sisters in Stamping we decided to focus on the Vintage Vogue stamp set this week. I was so busy that I didn't have time to create another card this week so I pulled one out of my stash that I made last month. Please accept my apologies now for those of you that have already seen this one. But I do like it and think it's great to share with everyone else too.
I used the cracked glass technique on this card. You stamp your focal image however you want, then you pat the whole piece of cardstock on your Versamark pad. Then you "carefully dump" (those of you who know me well enough should chuckle at that one) glassy glaze enamel on the top of the versarmark. Heat emboss that, while it's still wet and hot, carefully dump more glassy glaze on top of that, heat set it again, and finish it up with one more round of glassy glaze. When finished, pop it in the freezer for a bit. When you take it out it will be curled a bit and all you do is gently bend the paper and the glassy glaze will crack.
I also used the cutter kit to distress the edges of each piece of cardstock. Vintage screams distressed to me. Although when I distress that many pieces of paper for a class, people start screaming at me. Just kidding but I do get some rolling of the eyes because of so many layers. But honestly look how nice it pulls it all together.
Don't forget to stop by the Sisters in Stamping BLOG to see some more ideas using this great stamp set.


No comments:

Post a Comment