Friday, November 20, 2009

Fabulous Friday Candy

I don't understand how it could be Friday again. Time is simply slipping away from me. Hopefully in a few weeks, I will have some more of it. My student teaching is going well but it is coming to a quick close. After Thanksgiving break, I will only have 9 more days in the classroom. Although, I'm really looking forward to the break and need the time to prepare for Jonah's birthday and Christmas I'm really going to miss being there with all the students. Sometimes they drive me crazy but I really do love them. Crazy isn't it? I want my cake and eat it too.

Anyway, it is time for another Fabulous Friday posting over at Sisters in Stamping and this week we were to use the stamp set Sweet Season which we all received at convention this past August. I must admit I felt challenged to use it at first but I love what I came up with. What do you think?


I covered a large candy bar with the Merry Moments designer series paper. I then tied the whole bar up with Mistletoe Ribbon originals found in the Holiday mini catalog (available until January 4). I stamped the saying from Sweet Season in Chocolate chip ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. I also "aged" the paper using the Creamy Caramel pad directly on the cardstock. Attached it to a real red piece of cardstock and added it to the candy bar with what else but my favorite thing, some dimensionals.

I decided it was too blah at this point and wanted to add a gingerbread but Stampin' Up! doesn't currently have one. Uh-oh, what was I going to do? Look below to see what I came up with.


I used the flower and the matching outline stamp and the little circles stamp from the stamp set It's a Beautiful Thing to make my gingerbread. I attached the gingerbread to the candy bar using dimensionals but this time I doubled up on them. I must admit, I'm pretty happy with my final result.
Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!
Remember to see what the other sisters have created by visiting our blog HERE





2 comments:

  1. Cute idea for making a gingerbread man!! Very very clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn,
    Thank you so much. I really NEEDED one so I had to figure something out. I ran it past my 12 year old son first to make sure he thought it looked like one too.

    ReplyDelete