Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Skating By


Today, I'm just skating by quickly to say hello and share a quick sample with you. This was a card I created for a swap for my team, the Yurinkin' Stamp Addicts. My son, Noah, loves his skateboard, so I just had to have the new shilouette of the skater stamp when I saw it. I designed this card with him in mind. He loves red and black so I started with those colors and let the creative juices flow. I decided to create a template to mimic a "half pipe" (that's the black thing the skater is on for all you non-skaters out there) because Noah keeps asking for one for our yard so he can skate on it. I laid the template over the area I didn't want colored and then I used a sponge to ink the black staz-on all over the rest of the glossy cardstock.

I love the saying, especially for children of Noah's age. I want him to be himself and be proud of that. It's so true no one is more qualified to be you than you are.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment