Friday, September 18, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday. I've been looking forward to Friday all week because I loved what I was making for this week's challenge, plus I have two days off of school and no getting up early. What can be better than that?

This week for the Sisters in Stamping Blog the design team's challenge was to use the treat cups that are in the mini catalog. They coordinate beautifully with the Sweet Centers stamp set but I wanted to use it in a little different way and decided to use the snowman thank you stamp that is also found in the Holiday mini catalog. Look at all those snowman waiting to be picked out of the bucket. Aren't they adorable?



Each of the snowman were stamped in basic black ink. I cut the center with the words out before I mounted the stamp and placed them on the other side. This way I could use just the snowman without having to go through a lot of masking. If I want to stamp the words inside the snowman for a thank you card all I have to do is use the stampamajig to line it up. After they were all stamped I cut them out. The hats and scarves were then colored in using the Stampin' write markers. I made them all different colors and colored them each a little differently. Some have both the hat, scarf, and the polka dots colored, others just have the hat and scarf and some just have the polka dots colored. I had a lot of fun coloring these snowman.




Once the snowman were cut out I punched a hole in the center of the snowman's upper body using the 1 3/4" punch (works perfectly with the treat cups). They are filled with miniature marshmallows. Tic tacs, buttons, glitter or any other small item would also be cute inside. For the back, to keep the marshmallows inside the treat cup, I cut a 2 1/2" square and drew a 1 3/4" circle (I used a template I punched) in the center of the square. To open the treat easier I used the perforator tool from the cutter kit in the circle of the square piece of cardstock. Now it will be easier to pull out the goodies.

To decorate the metal bucket I die cut snowflakes using the Big Shot and the snowflake Bigz Die. The snowflakes are then hot glued onto the bucket and I just put a white satin ribbon on each side of the handle. I thought the bucket was a cute way to display all the snowman together. Great way to package them up for a gift.

Remember to check out the Sisters in Stamping Blog here to see other ideas from Debbie, Jacque, and Karla using the treat cups.

Have a fabulous Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment