Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Fabulous Friday

Welcome to another fabulous Friday. I can't believe it's Friday again. Although I utterly exhausted from a crazy week of school and running around until 10:00 PM or later each night, therefore glad that it is. I'm looking forward to this weekend and getting some R & R time. I have a workshop tonight and then I get to stamp with some awesome demonstrators tomorrow for a shoebox swap. I only have to come up with one idea and then I get to stamp 20 different projects. Woohoo. And best of all on Sunday, there is NO AGENDA. That means sleep in, loaf around and do whatever I want. I can't wait.

Anyway now onto this week's project. The stampin' sister's decided this week's focus was going to be shimmer paint.


I decided to use one of the new sets from the Occasions mini catalog with the Platinum Shimmer Paint. I started by brushing the shimmer paint on textured rich razzleberry cardstock. I then used the shimmer paint directly on the bird stamp and stamped it above the holly branch. For one final touch, I touched the distressed edges of the white cardstock with the platinum shimmer paint to bring it all together. It's hard to get a great picture that captures the beauty of the paint but in real life it's looks great. I was going for the antiqued look and I decided that it worked for me. Guess I need to go humble myself now.

The colors used were rich razzleberry and old olive.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment