Saturday, August 29, 2009

Card from Demonstrator BBQ

Ingredients:
Stamp: Happy Everything
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Kaliediscope Designer Series Paper
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Other: Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, heart punch, movers & shapers die, and movers & shapers heart magnet, Big Shot, dimensionals

This is one of the cards all the girls in my downline made at the BBQ we had on Monday evening. It was great to have so many of them here. We chatted, ate, stamped and gushed over all my convention swaps. I gave each person a reusable Stampin' Up! bag as a thank you for being a part of my team, the Yurinkin' Stamp Addicts.

This particular card was made using the movers and shapers Bigz XL die. Isn't it cute how the hearts overlap? I wouldn't have thought of this on my own. It was just one of the many things I learned at our national convention earlier this month. However, I did adapt it so that you didn't have to just place the hearts on the inside of the card. I cut a piece of pixie pink cardstock 4 x 5 1/4", placed dimensionals on the corners and then attached it to the inside front of the card. The punched out hearts are then placed on the attached cardstock and you can write any message you want on the inside because the hearts aren't in the way. It always give it a mini shadow box effect. I like how it turned out.

I also thought posting it today would be appropriate because I'm getting a weekend away with my honey, just him and I. No kids, no stress, no work. Just the two of us. So I probably won't be posting tomorrow but I will be back to post on Monday.

I will be doing a ribbon share and will explain all the details then. It will include the wide striped grosgrain ribbon (chocolate, olive, pumpkin & black) and all of the polka dot ribbons (the six in-color's and the real red). Watch for more info.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment